Registration and Payment Procedure
• Registration deadlines; No deadlines. Students can register at any time of the year
• How to Register; choose any of the core topics referred above. Download the Registration Application from the SLEF website (given below) fill it and submit by online/email. Once the SLEF receives the Application for Registration, SLEF will process the same in 2 working days and email confirmation will be sent to the Applicant
• Fees Structure for the Certificate Courses; - Cost of each Course; Rs; 12,000- (plus all taxes) Student could pay the full amount at the time of Registration or in installments as given below: At the time of Registration; Rs.5000/=. Balance Rs.7000- to be fully settled in the beginning of 2 and 3rd months. In case students wish to make payments in installments they will receive a payment schedule along with Confirmation of Registration
• Payment procedures; All payments to be made by way of Bank Deposits as details given below’
Name of the Account; Sri Lanka Ecotourism Foundation
Name of the Bank: Commercial Bank of Ceylon Limited
Bank Branch: Kottawa, Sri Lanka
Account Number: 1121011975
Swift Code: CCEYLKLX (via Standard Chartered Bank)
(Once the payments are made please scan the deposit slip and email to the SLEF for acknowledgments and Registration confirmation)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
• Refunds of the payments made; No, there are no refunds on distance learning courses.
• Is there discount available if two or more people from one organization sign up for the program?
Yes, this is negotiable
• How soon after the registration, the student will be able to start the courses? Registration is processed within 02 days Once the Registration process is over the courses will start once you agree with the dates convenient to you
• What kind of certificate the students receive upon completion of all certificate requirements?
Student will receive a professional, internationally recognized certificate in Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism issued by the Sri Lanka Ecotourism Foundation and the Asia-Pacific Regional Ecotourism Council (APREC)
• Is there a certain pace the student has to follow while in the courses? The student could do it in his own pace
• Are there deadlines for completing the courses? Yes, within 03 months. However, if there is any difficulty confronted by the student more time could be offered in consultation with the student
• With whom the student communicates if he has questions during the course?
The courses are self-managed courses. There is a distance coordinator appointed by SLEF to answer any questions the student might have. If there are questions that the distance learning coordinators cannot answer, they will facilitate communication with a content expert.
• Is any material mailed to the student or everything is accessible online?
All the study materials will be mailed to the student and some will be available through on-line.
• Does the student need to buy any textbooks?
No, all of materials are included in the on-line course. Any readings that are mentioned throughout the courses, but not provided to you are just recommended readings.
• Examination/testing criteria - You will be tested for each course by means of two assignments. One assignment will be a written answer to a question covering key areas of the course. The second assignment will be a presentation based on questions related to the course.
• Field trips – These will be conducted for small groups (around 10 persons) as and when the group is completed the academic part of the courses. Field trips are an optional activity but the SLEF strongly recommends to make use of this valuable opportunity. Those participants taking part at the field trips have to pay extra for the trips but at concessionary rates.
• Special Guest Lectures – These lectures will be arranged on topics that are common to several courses. Guest lecturers are specialists in their respective fields and therefore are able to deal the topic in depth.
• What are the career opportunities for the student after completion of the Certificate Courses?
Are there any networks of job/internship opportunities that the student could access?
Yes, with the Certificate issued by the SLEF you could apply for the jobs related to Nature, Adventure and Ecotourism in Sri Lanka and abroad. Also, a higher Diploma Course is now being developed by the SLEF for those who wish to go to a higher level academically and professionally. The Online Certificate you receive will be a qualification to join the Diploma Programme. Also, through the SLEF International Network it could provide more information and facilitate the students who are interested in pursuing higher studies in the Universities and other higher educational Institutions abroad.
• Is this Certificate Program completely online?
Yes, but the SLEF will arrange separate symposiums, workshops, lecture presentations in convenient locations (For Sri Lankan participants only) Field Trip also will be arranged for the participants but at an additional cost
• Does the student get access to SLEF Reference Library or Data Base at the SLEF Office?
Yes, only by an appointment with your online coordinator
Key contact persons and Course Coordinators;
Palitha Gurusinghe, President, Sri Lanka Ecotourism Foundation;
Tel; 0777 631334
Nizam Lantra, Senior Vice President, Sri Lanka Ecotourism Foundation